Have you decided to file a complaint but want to learn more about how hearings are carried out?
- Before the hearing, if you have been approached by the applicant about your representation and felt intimidated please let the licensing authority (local council) know as soon as possible.
- Request for a copy of the information pack from the licensing team.
- You can attend another hearing beforehand to observe and understand the procedure.
- It is helpful to bring notes that address all the points you’d like to highlight during the hearing.
- Let a licensing staff member know if you are struggling to hear the discussions or understand the terminologies.
- Should you have any additional evidence, ensure that you submit it before the hearing as you cannot introduce new evidence during the hearing.
- If you cannot attend the hearing let the licensing team know that someone else will be attending and speaking on your behalf.